According to dermatologists, humans lose between 50 and 100 hair strands daily and there is nothing wrong with it. But when hair loss goes beyond this figure, you start noticing bald patches or thinning of hair. This condition is called alopecia. Most people begin to experience loss of hair in their thirties and this is brought about by hormonal changes, unhealthy diet and stress. In this article, we tell you 5 tried and tested natural remedies for hair fall.
Herbs that prevent hair fall
1. Aloe Vera
If there is any multipurpose herb that can treat just about anything, it is aloe vera. This magic plant is known for its alkalizing properties that can help in bringing the pH level of the hair and the scalp to a level that is desirable, a fact that greatly promotes growth of hair.Using the herb regularly also prevents scalp itching, reduce inflammation and redness and also alleviate dandruff. You can use both the gel and the juice of the plant.Herbs that prevent hair fall
How to apply
- Apply aloe vera juice or gel onto your scalp
- Let it stay there for some hours and then wash off using lukewarm water
- Repeat this 3-4 times a week.
Also known as the Indian Gooseberry, Amla is packed with antioxidants and is also rich in vitamin C, which makes it great for people seeking to find natural remedies for hair fall. Apart from applying it to the scalp, you also need to regularly consume it since vitamin C is great for your body.
- Crush the fruit of amla so as to extract juice from it. You may also purchase amla powder from a nearby herbal store.
- Add two spoons of juice that you have extracted (or the powder) to an equal amount of lime juice (freshly squeezed from lime).
- Mix properly and apply it to the scalp.
- Leave it to dry.
- Rinse with warm water
Using Food items as natural remedies for hair fall
3. Onion Juice
Onion juice has high sulfur content that helps to improve circulation of blood to hair follicles, reduce inflammation and also regenerate hair follicles.
It also has antibacterial properties that enable it to kill parasites and germs as well as treat scalp infections which could cause hair loss.
Food items as natural remedies for hair fall
• Grate and then squeeze the onion to extract the juice.
• Directly apply the juice on your scalp and leave it there for roughly 30 minutes
• Wash off and shampoo your hair
Eggs are also packed with sulfur. They are also packed with minerals like iodine, selenium, iron, zinc and phosphorus as well as proteins. For this reason, eggs are great for promoting hair regrowth and more so when mixed with olive oil.
• Take the white part of n egg and mix it with one teaspoon of olive oil.
• Beat it to form a paste which you then apply to the whole hair and scalp.
• Leave it there for roughly 20 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo and cool water.
• Also, you can make egg hair packs and reap more benefits of eggs
Using Oil Massage to prevent hair fall
5. A simple hair massage is among the leading natural remedies for hair fall.
In fact, it is the first thing you can do in order to tame your hair fall. It can be very effective especially when used with the right hair oil. A good scalp and hair massage improves blood flowing to hair follicles; it enhances your hair’s root’s strength. A massage also promotes relaxation and also reduces stress feelings.
Oil Massage to prevent hair fall
Hair oils such as almond oil, coconut oil, castor oil, olive oil and amla oil among others are great for massage. To get faster and better results, you may have to add some rosemary essential oil drops to base oil. You may also use argan oil, emu oil and even wheat germ oil.
• Take one of the above-mentioned oils and massage it onto your scalp and hair by exerting light pressure using your fingertips.
• Repeat the procedure at least once every week.
Hair loss is a common thing to people in their thirties. While there are other methods of dealing with it like hair transplants, these are expensive and do not always guarantee results. The natural remedies for hair fall are not only cheap but also have no side effects. Moreover, you will use what you already have in your kitchen pantry.