People with thin hair can relate – there is not a single tutorial you tried that didn’t end up in a real mess when you realized that you just don’t have enough hair. You keep dreaming about that thick, luxurious hairstyle that you saw, but, you know it’s just not for you. Your hair is not that type. And, all of you thin-haired people, we know it hurts! Sometimes, however, you have to deal with other stuff on a daily basis, too. And what happens when you have to go to the beach? Well, that’s another story. Here are some struggles you can relate to:
1. You can’t stand when people complain about having thick hair.
When you’re just over here with your three spaghetti strands crying. You are so willing to trade.
2. Any time you shed some hair, you have to mourn its loss for days.
You really can’t afford to be losing your hair like this. Each strand counts.
3. You feel down when you discover so many hairs on your hairbrush.
You start looking into other hair combing options because your brush is just too mean to your hair.
4. You know you can’t wear your hair in certain styles because you simply don’t have enough of it.
Let’s take braids, for instance. They kook like sad little pieces of string.
5. Sock buns look hilarious on you because you don’t have enough hair to actually cover the sock part.
But you still try. And that’s amazing!
6. Actually, any buns in general look really funny on you.
They’re just so tiny! And you’re constantly left wondering why life isn’t fair.
7. You get excited when new styles emerge in the hope that you’ll actually be able to pull them off.
But, again, you are left feeling confused and disappointed.
8. The first time you saw what Gollum looked like, you thought you were looking in a mirror.
It’s probably not that bad, though.
9. Too much hairspray leaves your hair instantly hard and crunchy.
After a few hours, it begins to look like you haven’t showered in 12 days.
10. But you do need hairspray because your hair refuses to hold any shape when you style it.
If you straighten your hair, it falls back to curly. If you curl your hair, it’s back to straight before you leave the house.
11. Putting your hair into a ponytail is one of the worst experiences.
You have to wrap the elastic around your hair so many times!
12. You’re constantly readjusting your ponytail because the elastic is always sliding out.
You usually just end up giving up and wearing your hair down…
13. Pinterest hairstyles make you laugh out loud.
There’s no way you even have half enough hair to get the looks they’re showing you.
14. Static and frizz are your worst enemies.
Do you have any friends left?
15. Sunny days are personal attacks on your scalp, and hats are your best friend.
You’re constantly getting sunburns on the top of your head and you can’t apply sunscreen to your hair.
16. Thin hair isn’t represented in the media.
All you see in hair commercials is thick, luxurious hair everywhere…
17. Your friends are always trying to cheer you up and tell you that your hair “isn’t that thin” when you know well that it is.
18. Your head is always freezing cold in winter.
You wish you could get away with wearing a knit hat 24/7.
19. Your hairdresser won’t let you get extensions because your hair isn’t thick enough.
Life isn’t fair, ladies!
20. You find yourself hating on your hair, but in fact, you realize you love yourself!
We are who we are!