Summer is here, holiday mode on! Whether you’ve already planned your getaway or not, this fabulous tropical vacation nails tutorial will surely satisfy your inner wanderlust.
To me, the perfect holiday is always somewhere beach side or even better, on a tropical island. So for this nail art I opted for a palm tree leaves pattern over bright background. Match background nail polish colours to your holiday outfit, and you are ready to party!
This nail art is relatively easy to do. All you need is a couple of good brushes, bright colours and a little bit of patience. If you are a beginner, skip the striped background part. Instead of that paint each fingernails with different colours of nail polish (ombre nails).
You will need:
- Yellow, pink, violet and black nail polishes
- Wide striping tape
- Striping brush
- Detailing brush
- Top coat
1. Apply pink nail polish on your index finger and pinky finger. Place wide striping tape on the other nails, as shown.
2. Work one nail at a time. Paint the tip portion of the nail yellow and the nail bed portion violet. Accurately remove the stickers.
3. Using a striping brush, outline the part between the yellow and violet with pink nail polish. Then fill in that outline.
4. Draw 1-2 long lines with a striping brush and black nail polish on the nails of our choice. These will be middle base for the palm leaves.
5. Using a detailing brush, draw leaves with black polish.
6. Finish your nail design with 2 coats of clear top coat.
Used: Kinetics nail polishes – Marry Me Lemon, 5AM, Pink Drink, Jet Black, Solar Gel Top Coat and SNB wide striping tape.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial for Tropical Vacation nails!
Do you usually do any special nail designs when you go on vacation?